The Lucas Fettes wholesale division provides access to specialist markets and underwriting facilities for insurance brokers and intermediaries who cannot access these markets themselves.
Our dedicated team finds markets so that business can be placed where the risk types do not normally fit the local market.
Our main business lines:
- Property (we have a number of binding authorities)
- Property with liability
- Construction (including contractors all risks, 21.2.1, loss of profits etc.)
- Product recall (food manufacturers)
- Professional indemnity
- Medical malpractice, now including employers liability, as a package
- Excess of loss for all classes (we have our own binding authority)
- Marine cargo/Transit/Haulage Liability
Further examples of specific risk types would be:
- Multi-tenure property owners and tenants
- Blocks of professional and student lets
- High risk commercial property including those with composite panels
On both property and liability fronts, despite the continuing softer market conditions, we are still winning and placing a high volume of business for our agents.
On liability both construction and non-construction risks business cases are still being won and in many instances this is even the case when in competition with the composite markets. At Lucas Fettes we have our own dedicated team in London with access to the Lloyd's market and we are able to utilise our bulk purchasing power to ensure that you receive the best deal for your existing or potential clients.
Professional indemnity covers continues to be an expanding line for us.
We have a number of London market/Lloyd's Underwriters that are working with us in this area on building and developing their accounts. They are particularly competitive and interested in:
- Estate agents/property managers
- Design and construction
- Heating/ventilation/air conditioning
- Mechanical/electrical engineers
- Recruitment consultants
- Management consultants
- Miscellaneous professions
On property business we are able to assist with virtually any size, any trade, any area. Risks are diverse, ranging from unoccupied properties to holiday and caravan park owners. Multi-tenure property is still very much a class that does not seem to sit with composite insurers. Here again is an area in which we have the expertise and market knowledge to provide the necessary assistance to you.
In addition we also continue to look to assist you in specific additional areas such as:
- Group personal accident and/or annual business travel insurance
- Speciality liability covers for those clients operating in the specialist field of medical and surgical products, pharmaceuticals and drugs, supplement and cosmetics and scientific and technical equipment
- Crime covers
- Packaged smaller end employers' liability, public liability and contractors' all risks
Contact us for more information
Call us on 020 7413 0999 or request a call back.
We recently caught up with Marcus Saunders, one of our construction experts, to talk to about...read more
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25 May 2018, and will replace the...read more
We have produced a new cyber security glossary - download your copy by clicking on the...read more
Request a call
Thank you for your request, we will be in touch shortly